Saturday 6 June 2009

Saturday 6th June.


My sore throat has gone but now my nose is running. I'm awake much of the night. Donna's cat, Gulliver, stays clear of me. I pack my stuff and get a cab over to Tamara's place. I am terribly tired. She gives me tea and half a bagel. She draws me a map of local things. I give her some money and take the keys and walk over to the apartment on Lafayette. It's perfect. There is nothing in the air. From the window I can see the Empire State, the Chrysler Building, and Brooklyn Bridge. Guy has sent me a message. He has decided not to give me any of the money back. He says 'It's gone where it's going and it ain't coming back.' He says he doesn't care what I do with the set of keys he gave me. I can throw them in the Hudson river if I want. It seems melodramatic to me. It's as though he's trying to avoid meeting me face-to-face. Like we're enemies. I wonder if perhaps he feels bad about keeping the money. It's weird. We made friends on Facebook, so I can see his status updates and photographs. There's one of him smiling, holding a baby. One of him in a hat, kissing his girlfriend. I wonder if Winston would begrudge me this mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment