Sunday 7 June 2009

Sunday 7th June.
I go for a run. I buy food. I talk to my family on skype. I blog. I realise I have spent most of this week sorting out where I am staying. It has been a lot of work. I realise also that I booked too many visits in for this trip. I have only three weeks left. Tomorrow I will start a four day visit at Yehuda Ben-Yishay's Brain Injury Day Treatment Programme at the Rusk Institute for Rehabilitation Medicine. I'm looking forward to it, though I don't know what to expect. It will be the most intensive visit so far. The following Monday I am visiting Fountain House, the original mental health Clubhouse. I am also due to visit Ron Savage, who runs programmes in New Jersey. And I have said I will go back to DC to visit the Youth Court. It seems like too much. I will not commit to anything more.

In the restrooms at Cleveland airport there are automatic hand-towel dispensers. Each time you tear off a piece of paper another one rolls out. It just keeps going, as long as you keep tearing them off. It reminded me of Eddie at Headway. Sometimes I hold out my hand and say to Eddie 'Give me five.' He slaps my hand and holds his out flat. I slap his hand and he lifts it up ready to go again. He keeps doing it as long as you do. He gets sort of stuck in a loop, like the towel machine. I wonder how everyone is at Headway. I imagine they are probably well. I'm looking forward to seeing them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment