Saturday 6 June 2009

Thursday 4th June.


I have made a mistake. Guy's room is incredibly noisy. I sleep badly and wake up with a sore throat. I wonder if there is something I am allergic to in here. Mold or dust. I agreed to stay here until the end of next week. I gave Guy $400. I rushed into it. I wanted to find a place. I wanted this place to be OK. But it isn't. I need to be able to sleep and concentrate for my visits. I am going to be at the New York University Day Programme next week for four days. I am anticipating it will be tiring. I am already tired. He seems like a nice person. I'm hoping he will give me some of it back. Craig's List seems to be teaming with places to let. I go down to South Brooklyn and visit two places - one on Wykoff and one on Atlantic Avenue. Neither are quite right, but both are better than Guy's room.

In the evening I meet Donna and we go into Manhattan for a party a friend of her is throwing. He's called Ben too. He's a sports promoter. The party is to celebrate a merger between his company and another. It's at a place called TenJune - an underground club in the Meatpacking district. On the website it has a video of rich and sexy people dancing in the dark. P-Diddy makes an appearance. When we get there, the place turns out to be tacky. Aparently Ben has paid $30thousand for the place. But, bizarrely, the catering is provided by KFC. I haven't eaten KFC in living memory. The lady asks if I want some 'Hot Wings'. I say yes. This is the wrong answer. Donna's friends are nice, but we don't stay long. Back in Brooklyn I ask Donna if I can stay at her place again. I don't want to go back to Guy's. She says sure. At this moment she is my favourite person in all of New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment