Friday 29 May 2009

Sunday 24th May.
Galaxy Hut, Arlington VA. The Sons of Guns. They are very bad. The vocalist only makes one noise, which is somewhere between yelling and clearing his throat, and still manages to sound off key with his backing singer. It's weird. It's a mess. He really ruins it for everybody. The audience clap politely but I feel bad for the rest of the band. I feel like probably the lead singer started the band and they can't get rid of him. I feel like they are the kind of band that either has six songs or several hundred. It doesn't make any difference. They all sound the same. At the end of their set I am behind the bassist in the line for the bar. The drummer comes up and hands him a roll of cash - the takings from the night. I feel like asking him if I could get $2.50 back: half the entry price. 

The Two Tears. They are better. One of their songs is called 'Sh*t F*cking Job'. The vocalist can sing, and does. She is noisy but in a good way, unlike the vocalist in The Sons of Guns. I would go to see The Two Tears again, if they were down the street, and if they somehow shook off The Sons.

No comments:

Post a Comment